Join us in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Thailand or even Tahiti for FREE!
We want you to join us!
Why are we running a competition
We recently attended a conference in Portland and at the end of the last session the guy who was running it Chris Guillebeau, came back on stage with a proposal. He was going to give each and every attendee $100. The only condition was that we needed to do something special with it. Between us Chris and I had two one hundred dollar bills in our hands.
So what could we do with it to make a difference to someone else?
What is the competition?
As some of you may know, we are currently testing ourselves with a Round the World Home Exchange Experiment. We want to see if we can travel right round the world for at least 9 months essentially for free. It’s going pretty well so far!
Over the next few months we will be living in Mexico, Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand and South Africa.
And we would like you to join us in one of those destinations.
What does the winner get?
We will fly you out to the destination which is closest to where you live to spend a week with us. In that week you will get a true taste of the ‘location independent’ lifestyle because we will live like a local, do a lot of fun stuff PLUS spend several hours a day working on your business!
This is NOT an opportunity that comes along everyday!
Who should apply?
Anyone who is absolutely determined to earn money is a flexible way so they have the freedom to travel.
What will we do for you?
Apart from paying for your flight Chris and I will dedicate ourselves to helping you get your business idea off the ground and making you an income which you can earn from anywhere. Chris has the techie skills to be able to help you with your website, graphics, functionality, shopping cart and anything else your unique business idea will require. And I can help with narrowing down your idea or existing business to the elements which will bring in the most income remotely. I’ll help you use your skill set most effectively, spot those money making opportunities you may have missed and generally get your head round the amazing new lifestyle right at your fingertips.
Of course there will also be plenty of guidance around saving money as you travel and where is good to go but that will mostly happen outside of business hours as we are enjoying cocktails as the sun goes down or lounging around the pool.
What do you need to do?
You need to be prepared to have an adventure and to work hard! To get your business soaring or transform the way it currently works you are going to need to put a lot in too. Not just during this week but afterwards as well. We will give you a really good foundation to keep building on so the lifestyle and freedom you want will be very much closer than ever before.
How do I apply?
There is a short application form to complete as the first stage. We will short-list from there and then may have some more questions for you which we can do over Skype.
How will we choose?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about wanting to have more freedom in their life than a ‘normal’ 9-5 existence can bring them.
We will be looking for a strong interest in being able to work from other places, although we don’t have any expectations about how exactly this might look (i.e. you might want to sell all your stuff and live as a permanent nomad, spend just a couple of months a year working overseas or something in between!)
We are looking for someone with a great business idea which it is possible to make a living from remotely, at least some of the time. If you aren’t sure, just apply anyway. We can always give you feedback or ask you more questions if we aren’t clear.
You don’t need to have a website or even have a business yet but you need to have some idea where your skills lie and what you would like to do.
You may already have a business but need to adapt it to work in a more flexible way which is great, you should apply too.
We are looking for someone who has the enthusiasm and determination to make it happen, even after your week with us. We want to share this opportunity with someone who has every intention of embarking on a more flexible lifestyle as soon as possible.
You need to have a real passion for absorbing new information. Whatever your skill set there is always more to know and new ways of trying things.
What else do I need to know?
You’ll hang out with us for a lot of the time but as we are staying in home exchange properties unfortunately we can’t offer you accommodation (it’s not ours to share!) You will need to pay for your own place to stay but we can help you find somewhere close that will fit with any budget.
If you hope to work with your partner someday or do already, and think that it will benefit your business plans to have them there too then bring them along. We won’t pay for their flight but they can be included in building your business (or lying on the beach, as they prefer!)
What you need to do now
- 1. Sign up to our mailing list below (if you already have don’t worry, you can go to the next step!)
Don’t forget to confirm your subscription- if you don’t, it doesn’t count! It’s the first email you’ll get from us; just follow the instructions to confirm you are you and not a spam account.
We’ll send updates on blog posts and our ‘7 quick short-cuts’ emails to the address you supply but don’t worry, you can always unsubscribe once the application process is completed if you like (we’d hate to lose you but we’d understand!) We won’t share your address with anyone else either.
- 2. Click the link below to fill in the short entry form.
Thank’s to everyone for their entires, the competition is now closed.
- Like our loveplaywork Facebook page below so your friends get to see what we are about.
- Tell any friends you think would be interested about the competition. They may not want to apply just now but it might give them something to think about for the future and it helps us spread the idea that bit further than we can alone.
Good luck and we’ll be waiting expectantly to see what you have to say! We will keep you posted as to how you have got on at every stage in the process.
Any questions? Post them in the comments section below or on our facebook page so other people can see our answers too (I’m sure lots of you will be wondering the same things but I can’t think what they might be at the moment!)
We’ll close this competition on the 21st of August and choose the winner first week of September.
We have got 10 runner up prizes too so it’s definitely worth having a go, you never know what you might end up with!
T’s and C’s
The small print. All common sense but it needs saying so here goes:
– All applicants must be 18 years of age or older with a valid passport.
– The prize is a flight only, on an airline and in a class of Hannah and Chris from Loveplaywork’s choice, from London, UK or main hub airport in your country of origin, if different. Hannah and Chris will choose the date and destination based on information supplied by you.
– Winners will be required to organise and pay for any relevant visas
– For the duration of your visit, Hannah and Chris’s assistance will be mainly advisory (with some practical support) for a maximum of 4 hours a day for 5 days.
– All ticket change fees are the responsibility of the winning party
– The winner absolves Hannah and Chris of Loveplaywork of any and all liability regarding accidents, mishaps, problems with flights or accommodation or any unforeseen difficulties in relation to this competition prior, during, and after the trip.
– If the winner does not meet the entry requirements or rules, he/she forfeits their prize and a new winner will be chosen.
– Once the ticket is bought, the winner accepts all responsibility for any and all fees or travel arrangements.
– Loveplaywork.com is not responsible for any expenses beyond the cost of the ticket
– The opening date is August 4th and closing dates for entries August 21st. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition